Business Development Manager (HUNTER E-commerce or Health & Personal care)Back to overview
Worldwide “KATOEN NATIE” combines engineering as well as the latest technologies to offer customized client oriented logistical solutions. These solutions are provided to a large variety of big and small companies, active in a large range of sectors or industries. The Business Unit (BU) Consumer Goods & Industry manages the complete supply chain flow from several Business Lines like Textiles, DIY products, Pharmaceuticals, Sporting Goods, Aftermarket logistics and E-commerce. KATOEN NATIE has 181 sites in 33 countries in Europe, North America, South America and the Far East and has more than 14.000 people active in operational, staff and management functions.
The Business Unit Consumer Goods & Industry manages the European supply chain for customers within several sectors (“business lines”) such as DIY, Home Improvement, Apparel & Footwear, Health- and Personal Care, (Pet)food, Aftermarket and E-Commerce.
For the further growth of the business, the Business Unit Consumer Goods & Industry is looking for several Business Development Managers within the business lines E-commerce and Health- and Personal care. The Business Development Managers are real hunters who are eager to explore and develop new business opportunities and establish new partnerships.
• You are responsible to realize growth in the assigned business line by attracting new customers for the different European logistics platform.
• You have the empowerment to co-define the business development strategy. You translate this business development strategy into a go-to-market plan and you implement the necessary actions.
• You expand your network, create awareness, interest and trust in Katoen Natie, by organizing direct sales actions and by being actively present at fairs – seminars – events as a member of the sector organizations.
• You manage the internal tender team which results in a strong proposition to potential customers. You negotiate with different interlocutors at C-level whom you convince of the added value of your proposal.
• Your home base office is Antwerp (alternatively Ghent). You work closely with international Business Development Managers spread over several countries worldwide.
- As a hunter, prospection and networking is your second nature.
- You have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and you like to develop new business and establish new partnerships.
- You can work independently and you’re driven by sales results.
- You have a min 5-year business development experience in a B2B function, ideally within the logistic sector.
- Languages: fluency in Dutch and English is a must, knowledge of any other language (French) is a plus.
- Willing to travel (Europe) and on a frequent base (20- 25%).
- Creative position at management level within a dynamic and successful logistics company where each individual can flourish and take initiative.
- The autonomy to allocate resources and order to implement successfully the business development plan.
- A great challenge in a European environment with attractive salary package in proportion to your knowledge, results and commitment.