Project Manager – Automated SolutionsBack to overview
As a port company, Katoen Natie (www.katoennatie.com) has grown into a global full service provider of logistical and technical solutions for various companies and industries. Over 18,000 employees across 40 countries contribute daily to this high-quality service. In total, Katoen Natie has 4.8 million m² of warehouse space spread across 181 logistics platforms.
With its entrepreneurial culture and business model, Katoen Natie occupies a unique spot within the industry. The company is subdivided into 10 Business Units. As a specialist and trusted partner, Katoen Natie wants to offer every customer the best solution for their logistics needs.
The Consumer Goods & Industry Business Unit has many big clients who are active in E-Commerce, Home & Garden and DIY, among other things. In a permanent state of flux, these markets require continuous attention in terms of innovation and automation of the logistics flows. In order to optimally serve these clients with state-of-the-art logistics platforms and to share best practices across all sites, Katoen Natie is looking for a Project Manager Supply Chain Automation.
As Project Manager, you are a key figure in terms of automation projects. You will investigate where processes, warehouse layouts and systems can be automated and optimised for both existing and new operations. Relying on your automation expertise and sense of innovation, you like to challenge and question things, always looking for ways to improve.
In practice, this entails the following:
- On the one hand, you are responsible for studying the current processes in terms of profitability, effectiveness and efficiency, with the existing operations as your starting point. Maintaining close contact with the Operations Manager and colleagues on the ground is crucial in this respect.
- On the other hand, you analyse logistical data for — potentially — new operations with an eye on designing the right automated solution. You then tailor this solution to the customer’s requirements.
- You conduct a preliminary study of the automation projects from A to Z: you initiate brainstorms, perform data and Fit-Gap Process analyses with regard to WMS functionalities, design the processes in cooperation with the engineering department, research suppliers, draw up budgets and calculate the ROI.
- You ensure a smooth transfer to the local on-site project team, which will be responsible for implementing the automations.
- Internal and external stakeholder management is an important part of your duties. You approach suitable suppliers, brainstorm with both customers and Key Account Managers and colleagues from engineering, and you know how to enthuse the on-site colleagues about the optimisations.
- You work from the HQ in Kallo, but with sites spread out across Europe, you will be having frequent international contacts, as well. Travelling is restricted to max 10%.
- You possess about 10 years of relevant experience in automation, preferably within logistics and/or production.
- You have business acumen and strategic insight. Quick to spot optimisation opportunities, your analytical and problem-solving mind triggers you into investigating them further.
- You are an inspirational genius with a knack for creating and drumming up support. Drawing on your background, expertise and accurate argumentation, you know how to present and promote concepts and ideas and get other people on board.
- Other people describe you as a hands-on person who sees work. You like to have enough freedom to take ownership.
- You have a passion for anything to do with automation and optimisation.
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages is a big plus.
- An exciting challenge for an enterprising person within a financially sound international player.
- A logistics context with many learning opportunities, which lets you play the innovation card to the fullest.
- Working within a team with a consultative culture, where people inspire each other, and cross-fertilisation is the norm.
- The chance to develop yourself within an environment that leaves plenty of room for autonomy and initiative.
- An attractive salary package supplemented by extra-legal benefits. The chance to work either as an employee or on a self-employed basis.