Logistics Project Manager (Kallo)Back to overview
Worldwide “KATOEN NATIE” combines engineering as well as the latest technologies to offer customized client-oriented logistical solutions. These solutions are provided to a large variety of big and small companies, active in a large range of sectors or industries. KATOEN NATIE has several sites in 40 countries in Europe, North America, South America and the Far East and has more than 18.000 people active in operational, staff and management functions. The Business Unit (BU) Consumer Goods manages the complete supply chain flow from several Business Lines like Textiles, DIY products, Pharmaceuticals, Sporting Goods, Aftermarket logistics and E-commerce.
We are looking for a “Logistics Project Manager” to optimize and automate existing operations and to integrate new flows. He/she must ensure that the different stakeholders (customers, operations, ICT-department, customs, business development, corporate services, finance, engineering, HR, HSSEQ, process development team, …) work together efficiently and handle projects successfully.
Projects are executed in teams of 6 persons / experts or more. In general, a project can take 6 months up to 2 years, and range in budget from 50k euro to several millions of euros.
Projects range over different domains such as warehouse optimizations, starting up new customers, IT migrations, automation, lean-value stream mappings, etc.
Coordinate projects with high efficiency and flawless execution:
- coordinate the process to build a project plan with a team of experts: analyze the situation, evaluate alternatives, build consensus, set a target and define scope, budget, timeline and team
- build, lead and motivate the project team
- lead projects from requirements definition through deployment
- coordinate & communicate with internal and external resources
- analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope & timelines
- establish and maintain relationships with appropriate stakeholders
- monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs
- you report to the lead project manager
- You have a master degree or equivalent experience
- You are dynamic, enthusiastic and manage to transmit your energy to the project team
- You are entrepreneurial, creative and solution driven
- You have good leadership skills and social skills
- You have good analytical skills
- You are goal-oriented with strong customer-focus
- You are an excellent communicator
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Know how of logistics processes and logistic technology is a strong plus
- You will work in Kallo but are prepared for short assignments abroad
- You speak/write English, French and Dutch
- An exciting job in a leading dynamic company with no-nonsense culture
- A job with responsibility and lots of variety
- The chance to develop yourself professionally and personally
- A salary package based on experience and performance