Project Office Manager Ghent (Belgium)Back to overview
Worldwide “KATOEN NATIE” combines engineering as well as the latest technologies to offer customized client oriented logistical solutions. These solutions are provided to a large variety of big and small companies, active in a large range of sectors or industries. The Business Unit (BU) Consumer Goods & Industry manages the complete supply chain flow from several Business Lines like Textiles, DIY products, Pharmaceuticals, Sporting Goods, Aftermarket logistics and E-commerce. KATOEN NATIE has 181 sites in 30 countries in Europe, North America, South America and the Far East and has more than 13.000 people active in operational, staff and management functions.
KTN Ghent is looking for a “Project Office Manager“.
In order to optimize existing operations and to start-up new operations smoothly we have installed a ‘Projects Office’. This office, staffed by Project Managers, must ensure that the different stakeholders (customers, ICT department, customs, business development & support, corporate services, finance,…) work together efficiently and handle projects successfully.
Projects are executed in teams of 6 persons/experts or more. In general, a project can take 6 months up to 2 years, and range in budget from 50k euro to several millions of euros. Our own developed project methodology LEAP is based on PMBoK, PMI, etc.
Projects range over different domains such as warehouse optimizations, starting up new clients, IT migrations, automatisation, lean-value stream mappings, etc.
- Leading/coaching a team of project managers
- Setting/improving standards how to run a project
- Ensure PM standards are followed
- Gather data for management review
- You and the project office team are a source of guidance and advice for project managers
- Managing the project pipeline, portfolio and project selection process
- You have a master degree or equivalent experience
- You have experience in managing projects & project methodology & project portfolio management
- You are entrepreneurial, creative and solution driven
- You have good leadership skills and social skills
- You are goal-oriented with strong customer-focus
- You are an excellent communicator
- Experience in logistics and/or project office management is a strong plus
- You will work in Ghent Harbor but are prepared for short assignments abroad
- Your mother tongue is Dutch but you are also fluent in written and spoken English / French
- An exciting job in a leading dynamic company with no-nonsense culture
- A job with responsibility and lots of variety
- The chance to develop yourself professionally and personally
- Function with an international scope (we have business operations in France, Italy, Spain, US, Thailand, Brasil, ...)
- A salary package based on experience and performance