SITE MANAGER GENKBack to overview
Worldwide “KATOEN NATIE” combines engineering as well as the latest technologies to offer customized client oriented logistical solutions. These solutions are provided to a large variety of big and small companies, active in a large range of sectors or industries. The Business Unit (BU) Consumer Goods & Industry manages the complete supply chain flow from several Business Lines like Textiles, DIY products, Pharmaceuticals, Sporting Goods, Aftermarket logistics and E-commerce. KATOEN NATIE has 181 sites in 40 countries in Europe, North America, South America and the Far East and has more than 18.000 people active in operational, staff and management functions.
The BU Consumer Goods and Industry is currently looking for a Site Manager for our logistics site based in Genk. We are looking for a strong and resilient leader who drives performance through people. You will engage, lead and develop your site team to deliver excellent standards of service and availability for our customers, delivering against all site productivity, cost and performance targets.
You will be responsible for:
- A portfolio of +/- 5 clients
- +/- 80 employees
- 28.000m² of warehouses
- You will guaranty a good social climate and develop the human capital by trainings, evolution, diversity and motivation, according the company values.
- You will determine the most crucial needs of the site’s customers and translate them into an annual key account plan to ensure that they receive first-class customer care and service.
- You will engage the site team of all levels in logistics, finance, HR, legal, HSSEQ, real estate, technical, external agencies and suppliers.
- You will proactively manage people, costs, operational workload and change programs to meet stretching targets.
- You will identify opportunities for improvement and implement creative and sustainable solutions.
- You will do all you can to manage a warehouse team successfully and with attention to health & safety.
- You will participate actively in negotiations with the customer and renegotiate the existing contract or ad hoc services.
- You will have full P&L responsibility of the site.
- You will deliver the annual budget and comment the financial result in a monthly management letter.
- You have a Master degree or similar by experience.
- You have more than 3 years experience in leadership in supply chain management and/or value added logistic services.
- You have good negotiation skills.
- You have an analytical, accurate and persistent mindset.
- You have professional knowledge of Dutch & English.
- You are stress resistant.
- A challenging function with lots of variety in a fast growing and dynamical company with a strong no-nonsense company culture.
- A competitive salary.