Key Account ManagerBack to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. The Business Unit (BU) Consumer Goods & Industrial Solutions manages the complete supply chain flow and goods distribution from several Business Lines like Textiles, DIY products, Pharmaceuticals, Sporting Goods, Aftermarket and E-commerce.. Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in 30 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 13.000 people.
Our business unit Consumer Goods & Industry manages the logistics and distribution of goods such as: textiles, DIY products, food products, pharmaceuticals, products with an industrial application, E-commerce, etc.
To support this fast growing business unit, Katoen Natie is looking for a Key Account Manager for its site in Ghent.
- Responsible for one or more clients, focusing on the commercial relationship and the monitoring of the quality of the services provided;
- Guarantees the legal coverage of the performed (logistics) activities;
- Develops a good working relationship with customers to enhance customer satisfaction and customer retention;
- Is the internal key source regarding customer and market intelligence for his/her customer portfolio;
- Follows up closely and comments the profitability of these customers internally.
- Monitors the compliance with the contractual agreement from both the customer and the own organization
- Negotiates and renegotiates contract extensions or ad hoc services
- Determines the most crucial needs of assigned customers and translates this into an annual key account plan to ensure that they receive first-class customer care and service
- Performs an annual customer satisfaction query and responds to this with an action plan
- Interacts and communicates with the client on a regular basis to determine changing tastes and preferences
- Guarantees monthly accurate invoicing
- Delivers the annual budget and comments the financial result in a monthly management letter
- Has full P&L responsibility for the assigned customer
Monthly management meeting:
- Volume review & forecast
- KPI performance
- Issue log review
- Legal/contract dashboard
- Customer satisfaction query
- Management letter
- Communication plan
As there is no hierarchical link, it is crucial that the Key Account Manager develops a relationship of trust and confidence with the Operations manager.
- Keywords : Committed / Social / Analytical / Bird’s eye perspective / Jack of all trades
- Education: Master degree, preferably in economics, or similar by experience
- Willingness to travel
- English: intensive professional experience
- French: intensive professional experience
- Additional language skills are a plus
- Computer software skills: advanced Excel, Powerpoint knowledge
- Basic negotiation skills
- Basic financial analysis skills
- An exciting job in a leading dynamic company with no-nonsense culture
- A job with high responsibility and lots of variety
- An attractive salary package